Monday, April 13, 2009

Discover Anda

Anda is my hometown where I usually spend my vacation. An island of 18 barangays with beautiful coastlines. Strolling along its shores is always the first on the list of things to do and it never fails to amaze about the little things you discover about marine life and the scenic view.

This island is a long-stretch-of-bridge away from the road to Bolinao and just like this town, Anda is also famous for its "Binongey" or "suman sa kawayan. Back in the days, we don't have the convenience of this long bridge, instead the means to get to the island is to ride on a landing barge. Just imagine the sea vessel they used to transport heavy vehicles in Normandy Beach (WW II).

I'll tell you more about this town on my next series of blogs. I'll post some pictures of the island, the white beach. marine life, natural island bridge and atoll. Hopefully, I could finish up the map details to illustrate how to get there. It's a quite a long ride but just a walk in the park for the adventurous soul.

In the meantime, there's a link below about the municipality of Anda and its people.
http://www.pangasinan.org/anda/

Trivia:
Majority of the people in this town have surnames that starts with letter C.

No comments: